Employees are the foundation of every successful business. That’s why human resource (HR) management is so important. The HR department performs a wide variety of roles and is responsible for helping employees feel safe, valued, and properly supported. Effective human resource management ensures that the HR department runs smoothly and continues to evolve over time.
Let’s think about some of the most important activities of the department:
- Personnel requisition
- Integration of new hires
- Employee dismissals
- Training request
- Performance review
- Timesheet management
- Request for vacation and leave of absence
- Employee job/location change
- Payroll deduction request
Now imagine all these activities being done on paper. That’s right, my HR colleagues, this happened in the not-too-distant past. There were requisitions piled high on desks. Hard to believe it could be functional and efficient.
Well, then came emails, the saviors of all our problems. Wouldn’t that be great? Requests left the desks and ended up in inboxes. Completing all these tasks with a usually lean team, using numerous Excel spreadsheets, and working under daily stress… Yeah, the HR team has no peace of mind!
But did you know that performing your daily activities can be a faster, more effective, and less painful process? Digital Transformation is evolving not only in the way we do business, but it is also affecting our relationship as humans, so the change must start in the way Human Resources operates.
Have you ever heard of BPM?
BPM (Business Process Management) can be defined as a strategy to manage and improve the performance of a business through continuous optimization of business processes in a closed cycle of mapping, execution and automation, measurement, and improvement. Here are three interesting materials for you to better understand the topic:
- Learn about the true benefits of BPM
- Learn more about what a BPM is and what it can do for your company
- Low-code BPM and Digital Transformation: Understand the relation
Now you might be wondering: “And how does BPM fit into my HR department?”. Well, there are countless processes that, whatever their function, BPM can streamline the task, enabling them to be replicable, sustainable and, best of all, effective. Here are some benefits of automating HR workflows:
- Serve your employees better – Prevent them from having to ask for the same thing several times. They can receive automatic notifications at each step of the workflow and keep track of the progress of their requests. No one is left behind.
- Less paper, less cost – Reduce the paper-based process. Likewise, eliminate the need to store and transport these papers between departments or worse, between units.
- Be productive – Prevent papers or emails from being lost or forgotten and give your team more time to manage important demands.
- Measure your process – Have access to KPI’s, such as the time spent in each step, to improve your resource management and make more accurate and data-based decisions.
- Standardize – Achieve results more easily thanks to standardized and high-quality work.
- Reduce risks – With well-designed and monitored processes, you stop worrying about execution errors and fraud.
If you are interested in learning more about this subject, speak with one of our specialists about our BPM solution. SoftExpert BPM is the most complete and innovative solution on the market for automating and improving processes, regulatory compliance and excellence in human development management.
Through a 100% web platform, SoftExpert BPM improves the visibility and control of business processes through a friendly and human-centric solution. Thttps://www.softexpert.com/solucao/business-process-management-bpm/he solution encourages continuous process improvement throughout the organization. It manages every step of your lifecycle, from modeling and optimization to automation, execution and monitoring.